Independent Livings facilitate a group of adults living together as a family, and provide a safe affordable home for thousands of people in San Diego County. Each home is as individual as the people who live in them.
The ILA Quality Standards, including the attributes and indicators outlined below were developed by the Independent Living Association Advisory Committee and are recommended as best practices for Independent Livings.
Eight attributes of a quality Independent Living residence:
1. Clean, safe and well maintained housing;
2. A clear statement of policies is made available to residents and clearly explained prior to lease signing;
3. Clear grievance procedures and opportunities for residents to positively influence their environment and remove unhealthy influences;
4. An environment that respects the privacy of the residents;
5. An environment free of any type of abuse or discrimination that requires all residents to be treated with dignity, consideration and respect at all times;
6. Concerned and competent Owners/Resident Assistants;
7. Clearly outlined amenities that are consistently and fairly made available to all residents;
8. A resident focused living environment.